Do you have furniture sitting in your basement that has been untouched for years? If you have furniture pieces that need some updated character with an aged or antiqued appearance, Aaron’s Touch Up & Restoration can enhance the look and make your fixtures centerpieces with our furniture antiquing techniques. Whether your piece is new and boring, or an antique itself, we’ll utilize our methodical approach to refinishing and restoring your furniture to a vintage look that will stay in fashion for many years.
Our specialized furniture antiquing process can bring wood from boring to spectacular in just a few days. We’ll work with you a consultation to develop a custom glaze or paint for your piece, choosing fixtures you’ll love, and make any other modifications to your furniture. Aaron’s Touch Up is committed to antiquing your furniture, so you’ll love it for years to come.
Aaron’s Touch Up Furniture Antiquing Process
At our Dallas studio, we believe the customer should be involved in every step of the design process. We begin antiquing wood furniture with a design meeting with our clients, deciding on a style, stain, and level of distressing in the final product. Once we’ve decided on your vision, we begin with our time-tested techniques:
- Cleaning the Furniture- We’ll start by removing any residue from the piece, ensuring that all fixtures are removed along with the dirt.
- Sanding and Stripping- Our expert woodworkers will sand off the top layer of polyurethane using a specialized sander, as well as remove any finish. We’ll remove excess stain, and get your wood furniture down to its base coat so we can begin painting.
- Priming and Painting- At Aaron’s Touch Up, we can create custom paints and stains for your wood furniture. When creating an antique look, we begin by using a primer to create a consistent base color. We’ll then use one or multiple paints to create your antiqued look, using additional sanding and brushing to distress it.
- Distress and Make Smooth- We sand and brush to create the perfect antiqued furniture look you love, and then make sure everything is smooth for a comfortable feel for everyday use.
- Seal with Stain (Optional)- You may want to seal the look with a stain, and you can choose from dozens of options from Aaron’s Touch Up Dallas studio, or we can create one custom for you.
Why Aaron’s Touch Up?
Aaron’s Touch Up has been helping customers with furniture antiquing for over a decade throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. You can see wonderful Aaron’s Touch Up antiqued furniture pieces throughout Dallas, which have been restored in our workshop. Set up a consultation with our free quote form for antiquing wood furniture services today. You’ll love your refinished furniture for years to come.